Lots of developments on the home front this week!
The Caveman & Cavegirl are packing up the cave & taking the Cave-parrot to a cave of their very own. Not too far from the nest though, just a nice ten minute drive. I'm feeling happy & sad at the same time. It's past time for them to have some space to call their own & it will be lovely to see them become independent, not to mention the big room changes that will be taking place here, I'll have my games/family room back, my stock etc will be neatly stored in an orderly fashion in the bungalow out the back and Jeff will down-size his office/workshop from the bungalow to the cave. I will miss them though - a lot - my nest will be empty!
Caveman & Cavegirl
Justin & Rana
The Wanderer arrived on the doorstep at 5am Monday, he's decided he wants to stay with his big brother & try to get a job here - the country just wasn't working out for him at the moment. So he's been in & out for food & showers but is very busy catching up with mates right now - very important when you are on the verge of turning 18.
Little Miss Independent has called in to visit a couple of times this week (admittedly I did entice her with gifts on one of those occasions). Her man is home from the mines this week so we took them out for dinner, it was lovely hearing about their plans to buy a house soon - so exciting for them!
Miss Independent & The Wanderer
Amylee & Blake
I have found some time over the past couple of days to wander into a couple of charity stores on my way to run errands & of course I could never come away empty handed!!
Vintage Cot Quilt - for my collection
(that's a whole post of it's own sometime)
another gift for Miss Independent
hand knitted pants to go into my collection
knitting patterns & vintage metal tooth zip
craft book
love the wallpaper & furniture!
1959 Comparative Commonwealth Atlas
"for use in Australian Schools"
1960's hair & beauty book
saucers & cake forks
doilies, trio, cups with plate, seersucker & coffee spoons
tapestries?
and my favourite.....I was so excited.....
pyrex and orange milo cup :-)
I'm still enthusiastically rekindling my love of crochet too! :-)
I love the wallpaper and furniture in that bedroom too and the quilt in your 70's craft book. I used to have a crocheted bikini. It was red and I was six. The bottoms tied up at the sides, couldn't get away with that now!
ReplyDeleteIt was the awesome pictures that made me buy that craft book, especially that bedroom & wouldn't that quilt look good on the bed in the bedroom! Oh, your little red bikini has reminded me that I also had a little red tie with string bikini when I was 10, I thought I was so grown up wearing that little bikini! .....that is something vintage that I don't want now! ;-)
DeleteBlimey, you've got a collection of cot quilts. I'm impressed.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing the Hawaiian shirt theme in your pics of your family. My partner has a little collection of them (one was worn by the mighty Tony Blackburn, I kid you not).
Love your finds especially the orange pyrex mug. xx
Thanks Loo :-)
DeleteIt's not just quilts....I collect vintage infant to pre-schooler paraphenalia (clothing, bedding, furniture, toys etc) & it is starting to get out of control! It started with plastic dolls & grew into two complementary collections. I'll get round to doing a post about it all one day.
The Hawaiian shirts were worn by the boys at our wedding in March (another post I'll have to get round to), we had a 1970's theme. I've always loved Hawaiian shirts, a lifelong tomboy, I recall being insanely jealous of my older brothers brown/yellow Golden Breed Hawaiian Shirt, even sneaking in & trying it on when he wasn't home! I think I'd be in Hawaiian heaven left alone with your partner's collection!!
.....the mug is my current favourite....until my next favourite vintage mug find .....Lynley xo