Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Sale-ing




It's been chilly here in Adelaide this week so staying home in the warm reacquainting myself with the pleasures of crochet was for now more appealing than going out thrifting/treasure hunting.  I've thoroughly enjoyed the creative outlet and calming feeling sitting crocheting Granny Squares has given me. 

We did go for our regular Saturday morning sale-ing expedition and what an expedition it was!!  Yards, garages, carports, driveways overflowing with modern outgrown toys!  Oh, if only they'd been vintage toys! 
But we did find a few things right at the end of the trip - just before pie time.  :-)







....something purchased with someone in mind






......something for my daughter





 .....curious Kisa





.....gorgeous vintage beaded evening bag






....the clasp attracted me to this one






 

......and my favourite.....more orange!!  

not so sure I can convince Mr Vintage I need to keep her though
.....he thinks she'd hideous 
sigh




During the week I called in on a  friend, we sat out in her yard having morning tea of hot chocolate & freshly baked scones.  It was a lovely way to spend an hour or so & I got to admire her peaceful garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment